Friday, January 11, 2013

Imagination and time

Yesterday we made a paper parking lot with numbered spaces for Max park his matchbox cars. This has been so much fun for the little man and is great practice for number recognition. I'll say, "Park the green sports car in space #17" and Max has to find the number 17.  It's not my most brilliant idea, but it's kept him busy.

 
 
 
 
He couldn't wait to show Kevin when he got home.
 
 
Max liked explaining how it all works.  It's very serious business, you know.
 
 
This morning Max said, "I'm very happy to have a rescue parking lot for all my rescue vehicles."
It's nice to dial it back every now and then and keep it simple.  Kids really don't need a bunch of complicated and expensive toys to keep them busy.  I have to remind myself of that more often.  What he really wants is something to spark his imagination and time with us.   
Hmm. Imagination and time.
I'm going to focus on that for the weekend.

How about you guys?  What super simple ideas or activities do you do with your kids? 

1 comment: