Friday, January 18, 2013

Random Acts of Cookies...

Back in October we heard a knock at the door and when we opened it, there was no one there.  On our porch sat a lovely bucket filled with Halloween fun. Stickers, coloring pages, just random stuff. This made my child's entire life. He's talked about "The time we were Boo-ed" for ages.  It wasn't the contents of the bucket, but just the fact that someone thought of us and surprised us and oh my god how awesome was that?  The tradition is to Boo 2 more people, but how could we stop at 2?  I think we boo-ed 4 or 5 houses.  It was so exciting to make other people as happy as it made us when we were the ones being surprised. 
This got me thinking.  Why do we have to wait until Halloween to spread the love and surprise people?
So the other night we made a batch of cookies, packaged them up, wrote a little note about how we appreciate your general awesomeness...and we went Cookie Bombing!! I've decided to do this once a week. Everyone needs a little reminder that they are appreciated, and what better way than to drop off some fresh baked cookies at their door?  Plus...nobody likes a ding dong dash more than my kid....sneaky is his forte.

Inspector #9 making sure the quality is up to par.

I think it's fun to make other people happy.  I think its amazing to see my kid find joy in making other people happy.  I think we live in a time when we focus on only what's going on in our own homes and tend to get wrapped up in our own day to day.  Every now and then it's great to let people know they are appreciated and that other people notice how great they are, or what a great job they did, or just..I like you.

                                                     COOKIE BOMB!!!!  Yes! I love it! 


*If you received a phantom cookie package this week, it was NOT us.  I have no idea what you're talking about.

1 comment: